Hello to all TheWindowsLab audience, today we are going to explain another amazing Windows 10 related term which is still confusing for plenty of users of Windows operating systems. If you are looking for the solution on how to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 then you need to follow below complete guide.
File Explorer is one of the most important elements of Windows 10 operating system based computers and tons of windows users still don’t have any idea about how they can get help with file explorer in windows 10. It was also known as Windows Explorer before, but it is now known as File Manager Application that comes with the Microsoft Windows Operating System.
There are millions of Windows users exists who are still don’t have complete information about how they can get help with file explorer in Windows 10 and if you are one of them and looking for the detailed informative guide then simply follow this guide and you will be informed about File Manager and its uses.
Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
Well, each and every Windows OS user should be aware that the File Manager on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 was renamed as the File Explorer and introduce the new features such as redesigned and unique user interface that incorporate a ribbon toolbar.
A redesigned file operating dialog that displays more detailed progress and allows for file operations to be paused and resumed.
The details pane in Windows Vista and Windows 7 was removed and replaced with the thin and rare pane with no icons and less details about columns but other information is displayed when you hover over the file’s name.
So, guys in this post, we are going to explain how you can “Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10” and later we will also share with you how to configure File Explorer in Windows 10 complete procedure step by step.
Features of File Explorer in Windows 10
- Home Tab: It is placed on the top left corner of the file explorer, the new home tab makes most of the tasks and commands easier than before and it copying a file or be it deleting it. You can also perform it via the home tab, and in Windows 10, whenever you tap Windows Key + E, and you will be transferred to the home tab.
- Share Tab: You can find the share tab on the top left corner in the file explorer, and it allows users to share so many files and folders wherever they want via just simple click. For sharing a file, you can also convert the files into the zip format as well as burn them with the help of share tab.
- Quick Access: It is one of the most helpful features of the latest file explorer, and with this feature, you can visit files and folders which you have frequently land. There are also two more sections in this feature of frequent folders and recent files which you can access again.
- OneDrive: Windows Explorer in Windows 8.1 allows users to save the files directly to OneDrive but you cannot sync the files in OneDrive with your PC or local system. The new file explorer has overcome this drawback. You can now not only save the files to OneDrive but at the same time sync them with the system.
How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10?
So, if you want to know how to configure the Windows 10 File Explorer to open your PC view then simply tap on below steps:
- In the Windows 10, open a new file explorer window and tap on the view tab from the ribbon toolbar.
- In the view tab, find and click on Options and listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.
- In the folder options window, make sure you’re on the General Tab and then find the drop-down box which labeled Open File Explorer simply tap on the drop-down menu and select this PC and then tap on OK to save your changes and close the Window.
So, these are some easy to follow steps to configure file explorer in Windows 10 operating system. You don’t need any reboot or shut down the task on your PC for any other changes.
Simply, open a new file explorer windows and you’ll see that it automatically shows this PC view by default. The Quick Access View is still there and can be viewed at any time, but all the users who prefer the more details about this PC view won’t have any acknowledge Quick Access unless they want to.
Now, look at the best way to get help with the files explorer on Windows 10. File Explorer has so many amazing features that you still don’t know, and in this list, we will list out some great keyboard shortcuts and windows 10 issues and how to fix windows 10 issues by simple methods.
File Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
To work fast with the File Explorer, you need to make sure that you must use these File Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts of Windows 10, that are sourced via Microsoft, and all of these shortcuts also helps you to navigate faster between folders and the settings.
- Windows Logo key + E: launch File Explorer.
- Alt + D – go to the address bar
- Ctrl + E – go to the search box
- Ctrl + F – go to the search box
- Ctrl + N – Open a new File Explorer window
- Ctrl + W – Close the current File Explorer window
- Shift + Delete – permanently delete file or folder
- Ctrl + D – move file or folder to recycle bin
- Alt + P – Show/Hide the preview pane
- Alt + Enter – Display the Properties dialog box for the selected file or folder
- Alt + Right arrow – View the next folder
- Alt + Up arrow – View the folder that the folder was in
- Alt + Left arrow – View the previous folder
- Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel – zoom in or zoom out on File Explorer interface. It will change size and appearance on File Explorer views.
- Ctrl + Shift + E – Display all folders above the selected folder
- Ctrl + Shift + N – Create a new folder
- Backspace – View the previous folder
- End – Display the last item in the active window
- Home – Display the top item in the active window
- F11 – Maximize or minimize the active window
- Num Lock + Asterisk (*) – Display all subfolders under the selected folder
- Num Lock + plus (+) – Display the contents of the selected folder
- Num Lock + Minus (-) – Collapse the selected folder
We hope you find this post helpful on Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 and now if you still have any doubt or queries please drop them in the comment section below.